It’s a task no one really enjoys but it needs to be done. Sometimes its planned and sometimes its last minute. Packing, ugh.
Whether you dread it or not you can make it easier on yourself. Here are 10 tips to help you next time you pack.
- Leave your clothes on hangers in your suitcase. This way when you get to your hotel you can just hang them up in your room and you’re ready to go!
- Roll your clothes, or take it one step further and roll your socks, underwear and pants/shorts/skirts up with the shirts. All you’ll have to do is unroll your outfit for the day. This is also a space saver in your suitcase.
- Packing cubes are your friend! Especially when flying! With all the shuffling around that your bag goes through your neatly packed suitcase doesn’t always arrive looking the way you started your journey. You can still roll your clothes and place them in your cubes to make your suitcase more organized. These were one of the best investments I made for my Europe trip! I have this set in black: TravelWise Packing Cube System – Durable 5 Piece Weekender Plus Set [2014 Version] (Teal)
- If you want to take your space saving a bit further put your clothes in vacuum sealed bags, like these: 8 Travel Space Saver Storage Bags for Clothes – No Vacuum or Pump Needed – Reusable Packing Sacks
- Even if your not flying invest in small travel sized toiletries and then leave them at the hotel when you leave, it will give you more room to pack souvenirs in your suitcase and give you a bit more weight to work with on those airline weight restrictions.
- Make a list! If you have been following my blog for a little while you will know I am all about a to-do list and keeping things organized. Lists help you to not be so forgetful. Phone, tickets, chargers…? Check, check and check!
- Pack basics that can serve a dual-purpose. This again is another space saver for your luggage.
- Pack an extra packing cube or a drawstring laundry bag. After wearing your clothes throw them in the bag, then if you do your laundry while on the road or even when you get home you won’t have to worry about sorting through clean and dirty clothes.
- Another space saving trick – pack your old socks and underwear and when your done wearing them just throw them away!
- Pack some sort of emergency beauty or first aid kit. You never know when you or your travel buddies will need a bandaid or a sewing kit! This beauty kit is small and compact and has saved me numerous times: S.O.S. Everyday Essentials Emergency Kit 38 Piece Mini Travel Cosmetic, Metallic Pink
The most important tip however….HAVE FUN! Take in every moment and enjoy your adventure. Take too many pictures. Buy the souvenir. Try new foods and drinks. Here’s to safe travels!