Although we are already pretty well in to the year of 2021, I know there are some new faces, subscribers, followers to my blog and I thought it would be a good time to re-introduce myself. Welcome, to my little space in the interwebs world. I am glad to have you here! Here are 21 facts (because 2021…) about me to help you get to know me a little better.
1. I was born and raised in Nebraska. I grew up in Norfolk, NE before moving to Kearney, NE. I went to college there as well and attended both the University of Nebraska and University of Nebraska-Kearney. Go Lopers and go Huskers!
2. Speaking of college, I have two Bachelor’s Degrees. One in Communication Disorders and the other in Journalism/Mass Communications.
3. I was once an extra on the show “Nashville”. I was on the pilot episode and we got to film at the Bluebird Cafe. It was also my first time ever at the Bluebird Cafe.
4. I am a sports girl – I enjoy watching football and hockey, I played soccer and basketball (both competitively), grew up playing golf (not so much anymore), coached at the high school jv/varisty level and was a radio broadcast assistant and off-ice official in the United States Hockey League.
5. I love cows and have wanted to have one as a pet for as long as I can remember! (No, I’m not vegetarian) I would also love to have horses. I have ridden since I was a kid, shown horses and worked at a barn as a teenager.
6. I love to fly but am terrified of heights. Also afraid of snakes and spiders.
7. I had my own radio show in college. It was Wednesday nights from 6-8. I was a solo DJ and my show was called “JK’s mix at 6”. I played literally EVERYTHING. Guns n Roses. Britney Spears. Carrie Underwood. Journey. Nelly. Eminem. Backstreet Boys. It was definitely a random mix.
8. One of my absolute favorite movies is Cool Runnings and can quote it word for word. “I’m feeling very Olympic today”.
9. I almost went to college for art. I wanted to draw for Disney. At the age of 12, I had a drawing published in a magazine.
10. I love to travel and my favorite places to travel have been my international trips to Paris, London and Nassau (Bahamas). I would love to visit Australia, Bali, Greece and Italy.
11. I am only child, but wished I had a twin sister or older brothers.
12. I am very much an enneagram 6!
13. I still use a paper planner (I use and recommend Erin Condren) and color code it. I also make a to-do list, daily.
14. I was once mistaken for Kelly Clarkson. I don’t see the resemblance but I have been told numerous times that people think I look like her.
15. I have never seen any of the Star Wars movies.
16. Ice cream is my weakness. I have such a sweet tooth! Mint Chip and Moosetracks (or anything chocolate/peanut butter flavored) are the best!
17. My favorite movies are horror (big fan of the saw series!) and rom-com. Such a wide range! I also enjoy a good Disney movie as well.
18. My favorite workouts are kickboxing and ice-skating (I use hockey skates, I can not with the toe pick on figure skates!)
19. I am a very picky eater. There is a long list of things I don’t eat. I’m sure 4-year-olds eat better than I do. Everything is plain and dry for me.
20. I played violin in middle school and high school.
21. I am a night-owl and love to sleep in. Never underestimate the greatness of a good nap! I am not a morning person, at all.
If you know me personally, or not, I hope you have learned something new about me. As always, thank you for visiting my blog – my little corner of the internet world! I hope you come back as I publish more posts. You can always subscribe so you don’t miss any posts. The only time you will get an email is when I publish a new post. You can always connect with me on Instagram as well!